The Senior Section is the section of Girlguiding UK for young women aged 14 to 26.
You might be a:
- Ranger – traditionally the next age group up from Guides with activities based on the Look Wider programme
- Young Leader – helping run meetings for other sections of Girlguiding
- Member of a Senior Section unit participating in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme
- Lone Senior Section member – there may not be a group meeting near you but you can still be a member of Senior Section and take part in activities in other areas
- In4mer – working as a Peer Educator on subjects relevant to younger members
- Junior Council member- representing youth members at senior council level and putting forward their views
- Guide member of SSAGO – often found in universities as a joint society with Scouts
- Appointment Holder (under 26) – someone who has expertise in, and provides advice on, a specific subject such as Camp Adviser.
- Member of the Trefoil Guild (under 26)
You might fit into one of these categories or you might fit into lots. Whichever applies to you, you are still a member of the Senior Section and can take advantage of any Senior Section opportunities that become available, including representing Girlguiding UK internationally, being a member of a Junior Council, completing your Queen’s Guide Award and attending conferences and weekend events such as Innovate.
Members of the Senior Section wear a uniform which is appropriate for the group they belong to and are able to make a Promise and wear a Promise badge.
If you would like to find out more click here.
If you are already a member click here to go to the Senior Section area of Girlguiding UK